Project Role: Prime Contractor
Owner/Agency: Butler Telephone Company
Project Location: Clarke and Choctaw Counties, Alabama
Start Date: May 30, 2012
Completion Date: Feburuary 4, 2013
Contract Value: $2,125,321.63
In 2012, Butler Telephone Company hired World Fiber Technologies, Inc. to perform aerial and buried outside plant construction
services in Clarke and Choctaw counties in Alabama.
World Fiber mobilized our company owned fleet to install and replace 80.14 miles of fiber optic cable and conduit overhead and 12.36 miles underground. The project includes splicing, termination and pull boxes as well as 51 aerial service entrances, 13 buried service entrances, 10 housing units, 8 serving area interface cabinets (SAIC), 6 fiber optic housing units, 20 hand holes and power service.
World Fiber tapped in to our vast vendor network to meet Butler Telephone Company’s “Buy American Act” requirements thus procuring all American made materials. While we self-perform most of our work, we have also supplemented our team by hiring local workforce in Clarke and Choctaw counties to stimulate their local economies.
- 80.14 miles of aerial fiber optic cable & conduit installation & replacement
- 12.36 miles of buried fiber optic cable & conduit installation & replacement
- Pull boxes
- 51 aerial service entrances
- 13 buried service entrances
- 10 housing units
- 8 serving area interface cabinets (SAIC)
- 6 buried plant fiber optic housing units
- 20 hand holes
- Power service