Warning: include(http://www.worldfiber.com/wp-content/themes/eddiemachado-bones-09146ee/library/php/sidebarnav.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
in /home/wwwworld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/php_execution/includes/class.php_execution.php(273) : eval()’d code on line 1
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘http://www.worldfiber.com/wp-content/themes/eddiemachado-bones-09146ee/library/php/sidebarnav.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/wwwworld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/php_execution/includes/class.php_execution.php(273) : eval()’d code on line 1
World Fiber was the prime contractor for the Atlanta Georgia metro area High Occupancy Toll (HOT) Lanes deployed by Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA). This was first project of its kind in Georgia and the ninth in the Nation. World Fiber installed all the infrastructure and devices required for the HOT Lanes project such as fiber optic trunk lines and drop cables, power services, ITS and tolling devices and their associated cabinets. Further, World Fiber installed 51 new structures and foundations for tolling equipment and overhead signage, and 35 horizontal extension arms were attached to existing structures. A 5.8 GHz wireless radio system was also installed for system redundancy during construction. Two of the greatest challenges that were overcome were the Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) for the erection of toll gantry structures with moving traffic and need to provide ample time for testing and integration. World Fiber completed this project on time, under budget and is now the maintenance contractor to SRTA for the I-85 HOT lanes. The system operates at 99.9% efficiency.
Since then, World Fiber has grown its expertise from similar managed lanes and tolling experience from projects such as the Texas DOT LBJ Express Managed Lanes Project and the Texas DOT NTE Express Managed Lanes Project.
World Fiber experience includes:
- Installation of Toll Gantries and Hub buildings
- Replace existing ITS Hub buildings
- Furnish and Install NTCIP compliant DMS, ADMS, Toll Rate and Lane Status signs, and their associated CCTV confirmation cameras.
- Furnish and Install Incident Management cameras.
- Furnish and install MVDS devices for both general purpose and express lanes coverage.
- Replacement of all ITS devices within the project limits.
- Installation of Ethernet wireless links between mainline and new ADMS signs installed by this project.
- Furnish and Install Inductive Loops for Ramp Metering.
- Furnish and Install new power sites for each ITS device cluster.
- Integration into existing TMC and Toll Authority Management Systems
- World Fiber understands the important of testing in each phase of these projects and establishes plans utilizing our unique experience with the Departments and our knowledge of the individual components, and the testing requirements per the RFP and the Federal and State Specifications.
- World Fiber understands the important of training. We provide training that will be accompanied by documentation from the manufacturer, vendor supplied software, and field and classroom training. Training, in regards to the operation and maintenance of each ITS device that includes communication devices, DMS, CCTV, Video Encoders, MVDS, and UPS will be provided to all personnel the Department identifies.